Sunday, October 19, 2008

Back from a long break

After two months of really nothingness, I'm back in the work slot. This actually feels a little different having not worked for such a long time. Tomorrow, I'm slated to wake up early in the morning and go to work. This might sound normal, but this time, I'll have to catch the bus, transfer to the metro and then transfer to another bus. Quite a communte, which is something new to me.

What is also new is the client and business. This will be the first time I'll be working for a resource company. I don't know much about resources, but from what I have gathered, they are slow and conservative. It should be an interesting new change. Now, I've got to figure out what I'll be doing on my 2 hour communte everyday. I have one book already, but I think I'll try to write a novel or short story. What would be an interesting topic?

How about, the death of Mark?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I just wanted to say, this is a really good blog - especially for those interested in the consultancy career.

If you get a chance to blog about it at some point, I'd be interested in hearing about the ethical grey area of consulting. By this I mean activity that isn't illegal but potentially unethical. For example:

1. Exaggerating problems
2. Swopping high level partner time with junior consultant time on projects
3. poaching clients / consultants
4. conflicts of interest etc....

Great stuff - keep up the good work!